What is it?
The Aopoa or Xi’An Nox is 1 Seater Fast, Sleek, Maneuverable, open canopy Space Bike, geared towards racing & a bit of Combat on both Ground & in Space.
It’s available on concept sale for $35 as a Warbond (which is a discounted price if you don’t use store credit) OR $40 if you are using Store Credit ex taxes.
The Sale runs until July 3rd, 2017 & during the sale comes with:
The SelfLand Hangar, Lifetime Insurance, (2 pieces of hangar flair) a Nox Model & a Nox Poster.
The Nox comes in 2 flavors the Standard Nox which in Black & the Nox Kue which comes in Silver as well as being a limited version available for the duration of the concept sale.
And there are 2 packs & 5 packs as well as 2 with a starfarer available at a discount.
The Nox is expected to cost $45 once flight-ready.
And it looks to be Flight Ready with the 3.0 Live Release soon.
It has 2 Size 1 hardpoints for weapons coming with 2 M3a Laser Cannons.
It’s components are geared towards racing with competition parts whereas the Dragonfly has civilian ones which are more balanced.
It has competition standard Xi’An Engines that should give the ship a lot of speed & agility.
The Nox has a top SCM speed of 220 with Afterburner of 550.
On the ground it will float 1 meter above the ground at around 100m per second.
Nox Sizes | 5.5m long x 1.5 wide x 1.5 high
The Nox can be carried in any ship that has enough room in it’s cargo hold, and therefore SECURED there. This includes Freelancer, Cutlass (new) and Constellation as well as larger ships. For smaller ships with cargo space like the Reliant & Avenger, it can physically fit but it cannot be secured. This may lead to damage or destruction of both ships. Securing ships in Cargo areas is a mechanic that will be in Alpha 3.0
What do We Know About The Ship?
- The Nox is more geared towards racing & combat whereas the Dragonfly is more focused at exploring and scouting & looting.
- The Nox protects it’s pilot with armor that comes up above the rider’s back to guard a little more from behind potentially giving it’s pilot more protection than the Dragonfly and has a windscreen fully covering the front of the rider.
- The Nox is 1 Seater & the pilot seat themselves like a racing bike compared with the upright seating of the Dragonfly which also has the bonus of being able to have an addition rear facing passenger.
- It can be used in Space & on a Planets surface.
- The Bike uses a holographic HUD that will be projected when you start it up.
- It is faster & more maneuverable than the Dragonfly, tho The Nox won’t be as good on coarse terrain as the Dragonfly is, this may make the Dragonfly more competitive in certain races.
- It can be stored in Cargo Bays of ships with enough room & it is smaller than the Dragonfly 5.5m long x 1.5 wide x 1.5 high compared to the dragonfly which is 6.5 long x 2.25 wide x 1.25 high. So that means potentially more Noxes in ships. Like the Cutlass, Freelancer & anything with an appropriately large cargobay.
- They are suitable as light short range escorts, for ships that can deploy them.
- The Nox is unable to enter OR exit atmosphere without the aid of a parent ship.
- The Ship does not have a quantum OR jump drive
- The Nox can use all it’s thrusters on the ground, it can’t really fly or anything once in gravity BUT it can use boosts of speed to do some cool maneuvers & it will be fast enough to cross water and oceans.
- Armor is still being balanced & certain armor may restrict what seats you can sit in. They haven’t confirmed what armor will be restricted while riding the Nox OR any other ship for that matter.
- All ships can travel pretty much indefinitely in SCM mode, Afterburner fuel is limited tho.
- It hovers at all times, using emergency power, no landing gear.
- Currently the Nox will lean with you when you strafe, and when you are done with the yaw portion of the turn, you will continue to lean until you stop skidding.
- The Nox has NO space for extra storage at all, only what you character carries. The Dragonfly has an advantage here with the ability to take cargo OR another passenger.
- You’ll probably be able to paint your ship and add decals to quite a high level of customization. BUT the sovereignty of limited edition “skins” or “versions” will still be there, it’s still going to have that original special finish feel. They exploring the idea of unique badges and identifiers for the limited edition variants. While you may be able to paint a standard Nox silver in the future, it won’t ever be a “Nox Kue.”
- In the future we will be able to switch components out of the Dragonfly & Nox, there will be better Competition Grade Components for Racing BUT probably ones more combat, stealth orientated or other role focused types too. They are vehicle sized components which are smaller than the Ship Small/Light Components.
- The Nox has the ability to manage it’s emissions & components to be more stealthy, just like every other ship & vehicle.
- The Nox is designed for speed, travel & racing. It will be very good at flanking on the ground too, due to it’s speed and 2 size 1 fixed weapons, it has no ability to change these for gimbals tho.
- It’s possible that if the ship entirely loses power that it could fall out of the air & possibly trap it’s driver / have a crawling out animation OR something, it’s something they are looking into.